Wednesday, 25 April 2012

30-Second Philosophies

For Christmas I received a book called 30-Second Philosophies, edited by Barry Loewer. It is a collection of the 50 most important philosophies of the Western philosophical tradition... Deep, right?
I had a quick flick through it last night and can safely say it taught me more in 2 minutes than I apparently managed to grasp in two whole years of philosophy A level at school (which I scraped a B in). Besides the Gettier problem (which was, for some reason, drummed into us) it helped me see where I had been going wrong at school... I really do need it broken down step by step.
I would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to learn about basic philosophy. This book (probably) wont, however, offer you the meaning of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment